Whole 30 Days 6 & 7: Out out out!

I missed a couple days of blogging, but I did not fall off the wagon! At least I am pretty sure I didn’t. Friday night’s Valentine’s dinner was so good, it feels dirty. But I am getting ahead of myself.


Breakfast, Day six:

I was in a rush to get to work, so breakfast was nothing special. Just an egg, kale, and tomato omelette with a cup of tea.

Whole 30 Breakfast


Forgot my lunch, so I did a quick search and found that Panera offers a Whole30 friendly salad called the Power Mediterranean chicken salad – it’s not on the regular menu. It’s sneaky like that.

My boyfriend sent me a photo of his – they must have liked him better. His had an egg in it!

Panera Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad

Mine simply had spinach, chicken, tomato, bacon, and lemons and olive oil for the dressing.


We went to Urban Pl8 in West Midtown. They have an interesting menu, with plenty of options if you’re into the Paleo/Healthy lifestyle. Ordinarily, it would totally piss me off if my option for a side with my burger was a pile of lettuce. That night, I was relieved to be out in a restaurant that at least felt like a safe place for me to be.

Dinner was fantastic. We started with paleo coconut shrimp- it tasted way too sinful to be safe, but I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Urban Pl8 Paleo Coconut Shrimp

My main course was harissa chicken tagine with sweet potatoes and zucchini. I had never heard of two out of those three words, but it was delicious, and the portions were large enough to take home lunch for the next day, even taking into account Mr. Boyfriend’s wandering fork (mine wandered onto his plate a bit, too.)

Paleo chicken tagine Urban Pl8

Day 7

Day 7 (Saturday) was a hectic day. It started out slowly, which allowed me to make up a grocery list and a general meal plan/guideline for the next week.  There really was no breakfast that day, because I just snacked on handfuls of fruit and nuts as I went about the morning’s errands. We hit the gym, then I ate V-Day Leftovers.

unnamed (1)

Afterward I left for the barn, where I rode three horses and taught a lesson.  By horse #3, I was starting to feel a little stitch in my side…but the most difficult thing was the cookies.

They were everywhere.

The barn is in the hands of a few capable teenagers, who are well stocked for the weekend with all kinds of tantalizing junk food. I sighed, I dreamed, and I stayed busy until it was time to leave.

Dinner was also a little hectic. I stuffed forkfuls of salad into my mouth as I drove to my evening job, simultaneously wiping myself off with baby wipes and attempting to apply mascara. I got off work around 10 PM, completely ravenous, and met some friends down at Twain’s in Decatur, where I inhaled a kale and portabello concoction (see dark colored blob).

unnamed (2)

I think they told me it was a sandwich. I don’t care. I inhaled it before everyone else’s cheese dip had even started to cool, and while the rest of the table did shots and beer samples, I attempted to enjoy my sad little soda water.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s